Blog #1 - 3 Ways To Get Strong, Toned Legs & Bum!
Quiet an important one for a lot of you ladies out there! (And some of you guys?...)
Here are my 3 tips to hitting this goal!
1 - Add more volume to your workouts...
* This can be a good form of progressive overload, (something we need to achieve in order for muscles to develop!)
* It just means that we add more Sets, Reps Or Resistance (weight), This is going to stress the muscles more causing them to develop, grow & get leaner
2 - Mix Up Your Workouts...
* Basically, stop following the girls with the huge butts on instagram for their workouts...
* You know the ones i mean, the ones that have the camera angled upwards at their Butts so that when they're squatting you can see what they've had for dinner!
* They break out the mini bands, start squatting with bands around their ankles etc etc (Yawn!)
* Mix up your exercises, add more variety and keep the muscles guessing.
3 - Target Specific Muscle Groups...
* As i said before, people mainly squat for toned legs & butt... There is so much more we can do to target and manipulate muscle tissue
* My top 3 exercises for targeting the glutes & legs are(Other than squats!):
- Glute Bridges - Lay the top part of your upper body (shoulder blades) with your bum on the floor, heels digging into the ground. - Drive hips into the air, keep abs tight & SQUEEZE the butt!
- Lunges - Make sure we get good muscle activation by Dropping the back knee close to the floor (without touching the floor) & accelerate back upwards, add external weight to feel the burn!
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts - A hugely underrated exercise for developing the hamstrings. As you approach the barbell (or dumbbell) Keep your toes under the bar, slight kink in the knees & we push the hips back wards as out upper body hinges down from the hip towards the weight. Accelerate to the top, squeeze the glutes & hamstrings at the top of the movement.
Links to the 3 exercises are below...
Stiff Leg Deadlift ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpzRX3slWjE
Lunge -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVaHwm-Q6U
Glute Bridge (go to 2.30min) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJWrTdRYNnw